#intimacy #communion #intercession #dialogue #conversation #TheGreatExchangeForService#GiftOfAccess #gift #access #SelfLessService #selfless #service #Father #Son #HolySpirit #otakada.org #https://shop.otakada.org/product/dale-fife-the-secret-place-passionately-pursuing-his-presence-in-pdf/
Title: The Great Exchange For Service – Intercession Part 2 – Intimacy and Communion with God is a must.
Otakada.org content count #14,275
Date: Sunday, 2nd of September 2018
16 Then the men rose from there and looked toward Sodom, and Abraham went with them to send them on the way.17 And the LORD said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing,18 since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?19 For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the LORD, to do righteousness and justice, that the LORD may bring to Abraham what He has spoken to him.”20 And the LORD said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave,21 I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know.”22 Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom, but Abraham still stood before the LORD.23 And Abraham came near and said, “Would You also destroy the righteous with the wicked?24 Suppose there were fifty righteous within the city; would You also destroy the place and not spare it for the fifty righteous that were in it?25 Far be it from You to do such a thing as this, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous should be as the wicked; far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?”26 So the LORD said, “If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.”27 Then Abraham answered and said, “Indeed now, I who am but dust and ashes have taken it upon myself to speak to the Lord:28 Suppose there were five less than the fifty righteous; would You destroy all of the city for lack of five?” So He said, “If I find there forty-five, I will not destroy it.”
23 And the word of the LORD came to me, saying,24 “Son of man, say to her: ‘You are a land that is not cleansed or rained on in the day of indignation.’25 The conspiracy of her prophets in her midst is like a roaring lion tearing the prey; they have devoured people; they have taken treasure and precious things; they have made many widows in her midst.26 Her priests have violated My law and profaned My holy things; they have not distinguished between the holy and unholy, nor have they made known the difference between the unclean and the clean; and they have hidden their eyes from My Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.27 Her princes in her midst are like wolves tearing the prey, to shed blood, to destroy people, and to get dishonest gain.28 Her prophets plastered them with untempered mortar, seeing false visions, and divining lies for them, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD,’ when the LORD had not spoken.29 The people of the land have used oppressions, committed robbery, and mistreated the poor and needy; and they wrongfully oppress the stranger.30 So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.31 Therefore I have poured out My indignation on them; I have consumed them with the fire of My wrath; and I have recompensed their deeds on their own heads,” says the Lord GOD.
Matthew 6:19- 26
19-21 “Don’t hoard treasure down here where it gets eaten by moths and corroded by rust or—worse!—stolen by burglars. Stockpile treasure in heaven, where it’s safe from moth and rust and burglars. It’s obvious, isn’t it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being.22-23 “Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have!24 “You can’t worship two gods at once.
Loving one god, you’ll end up hating the other. Adoration of one feeds contempt for the other. You can’t worship God and Money both.25-26 “If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship, it follows that you don’t fuss about what’s on the table at mealtimes or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.
Dear brethren, in our last discussion, we introduced intercession as a crucial part of our service unto the Lord and as royal priest, we introduced the mechanism involved in fulfilling our priestly roles as New Testament believers. Today, we want to bring in the importance of intimacy and communion with the Father God to whom we are to plead our case. An intimate relationship is an interpersonal relationship that involves physical or emotional intimacy. What are the fruits that makes a relationship intimate?
They are KNOWLEDGE, INTERDEPENDENCE, CARE, TRUST, RESPONSIVENESS, MUTUALITY and COMMITMENT. In the Hebrew bible, FAITH is replaced with TRUST. Now we can see how it is impossible to please God without TRUST. We are to embody these fruits in our relationships. As royal priest, just like Jesus took our place, we are to take the place of the people we are sent to intercede for. It is no longer them but us. It is no longer they are wicked but we are wicked. But how can we do this delicate job that all believers are called to do without a personal, close, talking and loving relation with our Father and in an intimate way?
The issue of intimacy with Abba Father is so central and core to our Christian work and walk that we cannot afford to go without intimacy. Intimacy in relationship signifies freedom, transparency, openness, guiltlessness and heart to heart dialogue. God longs to relate with us and we need to draw and drink from His well so we can thirst no more.
The heart has to be involved completely and totally for us to have intimacy with Him in the place of intercession.
Consecration is about the heart and not about the body or the position or the doing. It is about the being and not the doing. I can be a priest at head not at heart. I can be in God’s presence with my body, going through all the motions of a dedicated and committed servant but not with my heart. God looks upon my heart and not upon my body or my position when I come into His presence to pray and intercede. If you get into praying position, make sure you are in total surrender at heart borrowing the word from Lara George’s song as attached.
So, how do i then get focused on Him so I don’t have my mind dotting from one issue to the other? Listening to praise and worship songs helps. We have also included a prayer format here under to help clear the dirt, just like David as he opens himself to the Lord. We have expanded it to cover other areas and you can expand on this as well or come up with what works for you.
Entry Prayer Format:
“Lord Jesus, I quiet myself in Your presence today. Please cleanse me of anything that would hinder my intimacy and communion with You. I desire a pure heart and unselfish motives. I know that my heart is deceptive and wicked, and I am no different from King David or any other man. (Jeremiah 17:9)”You know the hidden things, and nothing is concealed from Your view. My prayer today is the same as David’s. Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way. ( Psalm 139:23-24)
Holy Spirit of the living God, expose my sins, my hidden fears, my concerns, my apprehensions and my struggles and strengthen me to think, seek and do those things that bring honor and glory to your name, oh Lord God.”There are so many fears that I struggle with,
Lord,” “I admit : fear of failure, poverty, shame, sickness, death, rejection, and criticism all harass me. Insecurity seems to continually haunt me and compel me to search for my true identity. Lord, only You have the answer to my dilemma.
In Dr. Dale A. Fife ‘s book https://shop.otakada.org/product/dale-fife-the-secret-place-passionately-pursuing-his-presence-in-pdf/ – The secret place, Jesus desire for intimacy with Him is here under highlighted during Dale’s encounter with the Lord. We can learn, meditate and apply from these instructions as we align ourselves and desires with His in The Great Exchange For Service in Jesus name, amen. We cannot do without intimacy and communion.
Here under are twenty (20) direct messages from the Lord to the body of Christ. They are more but we will work with 20 for now – Pay attention, meditate and apply. As we said in the last series, we will begin to see, hear and engage our Heavenly Father like we have never done before if we are will to stoop in His presence for what touches the kingdom:
1) “Only those who truly thirst will be satisfied from the depths of My revelation.”
2) “So many of My people have tasted only the top of the well. My son, don’t be like those who come only to have their thirst quenched for the moment. Draw deep! Come further down into the depths of My Heart. I invite you to draw upon Me. Yes, make a demand upon My resources, My anointing, and My revelation.
3) “Do you see all of these plants and trees that grow by the well?” He asked. “There are many varieties of vegetation -trees, creeping vines, and tall grass. Weeds have also grown up, and briars and thistles have made access to Me very difficult where it was once simple. All these different growths are the result of disobedience. They have been planted here and nurtured by those who have tasted of My revelation, then used it for their personal gain. Acts 20: 28-30
4) “Inquire of Me! This is what Moses did as we spent days together on the mountain. Exodus 24:12-18 this is what My Son did as He walked the earth. John 5:19
5) The Lord says : “Those who come to draw from the well of My presence are like many different vessels. Each life has been fashioned by Me. Isaiah 64:8 . I have designed every individual expressly to carry My anointing, and to fulfill a unique purpose. When his life is filled with the living water of My Spirit, he is empowered to accomplish My will for his life.
6) “Do not allow your soul and spirit to be polluted by this world’s distractions,” He said lovingly. “Do not let desires of the flesh tempt you to settle at the present level of revelation you have received. My desire is for you, and others whom I have called, to be open channels through which My truth can flow. Open your heart to Me. It is not a question of your being usable to Me. It is a question of how much you are yielded , obedient ,and intimate with me.
7) “In the Garden, Adam and Eve walked with Me. We had fellowship, and our walks together in the cool of the day gave great joy to Me. But they chose knowledge over intimacy. Then came Enoch. He was one of the few who chose intimacy rather than insight. His heart was pure. Noah was also close to Me in a time when all men’s heart were corrupt. Moses, My servant, chose Me out of his weakness Exodus 33:12-15. Elijah was one who desired communion with Me and knew how to drink of the well of My presence. Like Moses, he did not want to go on in life if I did not accompany him.
8) “On the Mount of Transfiguration, Moses and Elijah appeared with Me. Their relationship with Me uniquely qualified them to be there. The glory of My presence and the joy of intimacy with Me were their heart-cry. They represented the law and the prophets, which both speak of closeness with me. The law leads to Me, and the prophetic anointing draws mankind to Me.
“Do you see that the revelation from the well of My presence is meant to draw all mankind to Me? The Holy Spirit’s work is to reveal Me! That is why you must come into My presence, spirit to Spirit. Those whom I use the most understand this simple truth. Give me your heart and your devotion. Give me your attention and your ear. Let us be lovers and friends, Eternity awaits us. Even the angels desire, but cannot have, what only My bride and I will enjoy.
9) “You must choose whether you will be like those who come only for truth and revelation, or those who come primarily to be with Me. If you choose Me, then indeed, life-giving truth, soul-saving power, dunamis power will be released as you draw from the well of My presence.
10) “It is out of sweet communion in the well of My presence that life flows – not in the truth itself. Truth sets you free, but My presence gives you life. Only as you abide in Me do you have life.” He paused and breathed deeply. “Choose life.” He sighed, paused again and whispered a final plea. “Choose intimacy with Me.”
11) “The white horse represents My Spirit. You must trust My Spirit to carry you where I want to take you. There are no reins, because if there were, you would attempt to steer. You must trust the Spirit. You need to be abandoned to Me and trust Me. You have always felt the need to be in control. I am calling you to release control to Me.
12) “Those who yield to My Spirit walk in an anointing that enables them to live without manipulating their circumstances and lead without controlling other people. They are Spirit led. True spiritual authority flows out of submission and obedience to Me. When you take the reins, you put control in your hands,and your mind and flesh take over. When I am in control, the your thoughts and actions are inspired and graced by Me.”
13) ” The different locations along the beach are the situations of life in which you find yourself. I desire to move you into new places and introduce you to new things. My will is to break the tendency you have to be comfortable and to dwell in the familiar. If you will yield to My Spirit, you will move with ease and joy into the new situations and experiences that I have planned for you. I want to set you free. Where My Spirit is, there is liberty 2 Corinthians 3:17
14) “You must allow Me to give you the ability of multiple focus. I am a big God, but when you seek to control the reins, you limit your ability to embrace a greater dimension of My revelation. Trust Me! Trust My Holy Spirit. Each day will bring new opportunities and new environment of My revelation.”
15) “Let My Holy Spirit teach you. John 14:26, 16:13. Allow Him to lead you where I have instructed Him to take you. There are many things that you must learn; and if you take control and try to steer, you will miss the paths of revelation I have ordered for you. This will cause you to lose precious time . You will have to bactrack to make up for your lack of understanding because you missed the path.”
16) Jesus began to speak to me. “My son, I had to bring you into the darkness of this place, because the path of My purpose takes you through the darkness. It is My presence that gives you light within the darkness. Psalm 18:28; 139:11-12.
18) “This place is called the Forest of Deception. Many of My children have come here. Some of them have forsaken Me in this darkness, and have become lost. They were deceived, despite the fact that they are My elect and chosen ones. They thought that the source of light came from within themselves, and they believed that they could find their own way through the forest. Matthew 6:23. They struck off on their own. Drawn away into intellect, and the realm of the knowledge of good and evil, they have pursued the paths of man’s ideas and philosophies and have wandered away from intimacy and closeness to Me. Colossians 2:1-8. They no longer walk in my light. Like Adam and Eve, they have tasted of this same deception and have separated themselves from the light of My presence. “Here in the Forest of Deception, many dwelling places have been fashioned by the hands of men. If you search, you may even find the first one. You call it the “Tower to heaven,’ but I have cursed it, and I call it ‘Babel.’ Genesis 11:1-9. You see, I had to bring confusion, and I will always confound the communication of those who are deceived, who think that they can find the way into My presence by their own efforts.”
19) You see, My son, the greatest danger is that truth grows here in the Forest of Deception. 2 Corinthians 11:1-4. There is enough truth here to deceive even the elect. This truth will destroy you if you do not realize that I am the One who reveals truth. Isaiah 53:9. Only as you see truth through My Spirit will it bring life. You must not worship the truth . You must worship Me!”. “I am the way through deception. I am the truth that is living and active. I am the Truth-giver!
20) “Adam and Eve searched for truth apart from Me. They sacrificed intimacy with Me for knowledge. They had to hide from Me once they chose to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge . When you choose Me, there is no need to hide. Everything is transparent and open.”
How then does all of the above 20 live giving words have to do with The Great Exchange For Service for which the church, the body of Christ have been called to be and execute? Why has this not taken deep root in countless places despite relentless and selfless toil from some of the saints?
The history of the church brings us the tragic, recurring story of repeated, spiritual treason by religious establishment. Virtually every church or religious movement begins with dedicated people who give the total of their spiritual and material powers, even unto death, to advance the kingdom of Christ in The Great Exchange For Service. Then, the classic story unfolds. Dedication produces success, and success, prosperity. Prosperity then inevitably diminishes spiritual fervor, and the hand of the blessing of God is lifted from a once fruitful effort. Is this not the precise story of the last of the seven churches of revelation?
How do we navigate the Forest of Deception Jesus mentioned in the discuss above?
Jesus said, ” whenever there is sin in your heart, you are susceptible to the dangers of deception . James 1:14-15. Sin makes you vulnerable to the lies of the enemy. Hidden sin, especially pride, will quickly destroy you here in this place. Pride leads to deception and darkness. This is why the very elect could be lost and hopelessly confused here in the Forest of Deception, and never find their way out. “It is very important that when My children commit sin, they quickly confess to Me, lest they fall into deception and become lost in the darkness of the forest,” Jesus emphasized
We must seek His face, and only His face, and do so with a pure heart. Credible, effective and enduring Intercession finds its place in the place of intimacy and communion. There we find God’s desires, plans and mind concerning the petitions we bring. Seek His face and not His hands today.
Monday Ogwuojo Ogbe e- discipleship at Otakada.org
2199total visits,1visits today